08 August, 2007

About me

Hi!
I’m a Finnish guy from Suomenlinna, which is a historical seafortress by Helsinki. I’ve been in NZ since July -07 and my status is an international student. My hobbies are sailing, photographing and doing sports. At Mt Albert campus there are good facilities for doing sports, and staying at the Residential Village gives an opportunity to use them for free.

My family is very dear to me. My parents, two brothers and four sisters, and their relations are all living in Finland so unfortunately I won't see them for a while.

How about education and employment? I’ve been studying a Bachelor’s Degree in Boat Industry in Kotka. Before my BD studies, I finished a Skipper course in Turku Navigational School.

My work history starts from the summer of -97 when I was 15 years selling ice cream in the corner of Piper Park, in Suomenlinna. Since then my other jobs have been e.g. deckhand, sail maker, boatbuilder etc. My future career will be somehow related to water.

As a first language I speak Finnish. Other languages I know at least a little are English, Swedish, German and Estonian. Spanish is in process ;)

Ok, read you later...

1 comment:

JiHun. Ok said...

Hi~! Jaakko. :)
Thank you for your a visit.

Wow~ I surprised.. +_+
You are interested in a ship.